This week, Sew, Mama, Sew! is celebrating the release of Amy Butler’s newest book, Amy Butler’s Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags! All week Sew, Mama, Sew! will be sharing a project from the book, a video from Amy Butler, a review of the book and a surprise or two. Plus, every day you’ll have a chance to win a copy of Amy Butler’s Style Stitches...(they are giving away 5 copies ;) To kick-start this week's celebration they are hosting a Super Style Bag Swap! The great news is that you DO NOT have to be a super-experienced seamstress to participate. So what are you waiting for...JUST DO IT!
So now you've watched Amy's video and you super inspired and now you want to know how to sign up:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 29th, Subject: Super Style Bag Swap
- Your name
- Blog name/URL (if applicable)
- Flickr photostream (if applicable)
- Your location
- Will you ship internationally?
- Which type of bag will you make: shoulder bag, handbag or clutch?
- Which type of bag would you like to receive: shoulder bag, handbag or clutch?
- Fabric designers, fabric collections or fabric styles you prefer and/or dislike. (For example, “I love Denyse Schmidt, Cosmo Cricket and Alexander Henry florals. I dislike novelties and batiks.”) We’ll assume this style will be reflected in both the bag you’ll make as well as the bag you’d like to receive.
- Would you be willing to be a swap Angel? That is, would you jump in for an extra swap if someone has to bow out or would you be willing to make an extra bag in case someone doesn’t follow through?
Also, if you have any questions regarding the details go here and excuses be gone! Join me in this fun swap and stretch your STITCHES ;) I've signed up for a shoulder/tote bag because you can never have enough of those and it's also a great way to be green like I talked about in this blog post! It's a win-win situation...for you, for your swap partner and for the environment.
Not sure where I found this photo on-line so if you know please let me know and I'll update accordingly.
Please leave me a comment if you decide to join the swap so that we can keep inspiring one another.